A Young Washington, DC Mother Boarded A Bus Home From Work But Never Returned

After she vanished without a trace, Latisha Frazier’s friends and family insisted to police that she was far too responsible to ever abandon her daughter.

On August 2, 2010, Letisha Frazier, pictured here smiling, boarded a bus home from work but never returned.

After she vanished without a trace, Letisha Frazier’s friends and family insisted to police that she was far too responsible to ever abandon her daughter.

Photo by: Warner Bros. Discovery, Inc. (Screenshot from ID's "American Detective")

Warner Bros. Discovery, Inc. (Screenshot from ID's "American Detective")

Latisha Frazier was a kind, responsible 18-year-old working hard to raise her 3-year-old daughter, Diamond, while working at a fast food restaurant in Washington, DC’s seventh ward, and her family was adamant something was wrong when she didn’t come home.

On the night of August 2, 2010, Frazier left her job to catch the bus home to her mom, her sister, and her daughter.

When Latisha didn’t arrive as expected, her family tried to reach her cell phone, but each time they called, it went straight to voicemail.

Her panicked family went to the police and insisted that Latisha wasn’t an adult who left of her own free will — she would have never left her daughter.

DC Metro Police Detective Jackie Middleton was assigned to the case. The officer immediately began retracing the young woman’s steps.

A Typical Day On The Job

Middleton went to speak with the young woman’s coworkers. Latisha’s manager described her as hardworking and one of her best employees. To the manager’s knowledge, Latisha didn’t have any problems with coworkers or customers. Her August 2 shift had been completely ordinary, and her manager had watched her clock out, leave, and catch the bus home.

Middleton also caught Latisha’s bus — she needed to speak with the driver and show him a photo of the missing woman. The driver said Latisha was a regular on the bus, and that she often rode with a young man. She was with that man when she got on the bus on August 2.

The Frazier family confirmed the man on the bus was Latisha’s boyfriend, and Middleton set her eyes on him next.

According to the boyfriend, Latisha told him she had plans to see some friends and exited the bus before she reached her home. He stayed on the bus and continued to his own house, an alibi that police were able to corroborate.

As police worked the case, they spoke with Diamond’s biological father and more friends in Latisha’s life. They were all concerned and worried about her safety, but they simply had no idea what had happened to her.

The family began to canvas the neighborhood with fliers and do their own investigative work, but it didn’t take long before they realized that somebody was ripping down the fliers just as soon as they were hung.

Not long after that, Latisha’s sister began getting threatening messages on social media that implied that Latisha was dead and the family should abandon their search for justice.

See how authorities solved the case on American Detective at 10/9c on July 27 on ID. Other episodes are available now on discovery+.

Next Up

A 3-Year-Old Boy Was The Only Witness To His Mother’s Murder

In January 1992, 26-year-old Charlene Puffenbarger was found bludgeoned in her suburban Cleveland home. Her two young sons were left unharmed.

Transgender Teen Gwen Araujo ‘Has Literally Saved Thousands Of Lives’ Since Her 2002 Murder, Mother Says

Her daughter’s death “was the beginning of a life sentence for me and my family,” Sylvia Guerrero recalls.

Never Give Up: Persistence And Science Solved A Heinous Colorado Murder

The case of what happened to Darlene Krashoc haunted homicide detective Joe Kenda for more than 30 years after the gruesome discovery of her body.

An Arkansas Real Estate Agent Went To Show A Home And Was Never Seen Alive Again

On Sept. 24, 2014, Beverly Carter received a call from a man who said he and his wife were interested in seeing a property but when she went to show them the home, horror ensued.

A Florida Man Was Free For A Year Before He Killed — Again

Eric Pierson had already done two stints in prison — one for attempted murder and one for second degree murder — when Erika Verdecia went missing.

A Man’s Family Is Certain He Was Wrongly Convicted Of Murdering His Pregnant Wife In 1997

Rodney Patrick McNeal is in prison after authorities say he murdered his wife in a fit of rage in 1997. His family has been adamant about his innocence ever since.

An Attentive Maintenance Man Helped Solve An Illinois Cold Case

Authorities in East Gillespie, Illinois did their best to solve a violent 2003 murder, but the case grew cold until they reinterviewed a man who had been at work near the crime scene.

A Texas Woman Met Her End At The Hands Of Her Desperate Husband

After three failed marriages, Doris Andrews thought the fourth time would be the charm. Instead, a gambling addiction led her husband to do the unthinkable.

A Kentucky Woman Was Lured To Her Death By Someone She Thought She Could Trust

20-year-old Chloe Randolph was in the midst of a divorce when her soon-to-be-ex-husband took matters into his own hands.

Mother Of 2-Year-Old Murdered In Cold Blood, Accused Killer Husband On The Run

Emigdio "Emilio" Ramirez Garcia could be in Mexico. He stands 6 feet tall and has a tattoo on his left forearm with the word "Amore" on it. If you have any information on his whereabouts, please submit your tips to InPursuitTips.com or text 1-833-378-7783 (3-PURSUE).