Teen Allegedly Raped Girl Dying From Drug OD, Texted 'LOL' Pics To Friends

Brian Varela is said to have bragged to a friend, "She died having sex with me."

February 09, 2018
iPhone [Pixabay]

iPhone [Pixabay]

iPhone [Pixabay]

By: Mike McPadden

LYNNWOOD, WA — According to court documents, Brian Roberto Varela, 19, raped Alyssa Mae Noceda, 18, as she lay dying from a drug overdose on February 3 — then texted photos to his friends and later used her thumb to access her cellphone.

Noceda, a Mariner High School student, had dropped by Varela’s mobile home that evening to “party.” Varela was a known drug dealer, and the pair had become friendly through mutual acquaintances and online communication.

Once there, they both allegedly snorted “a large line of Percs” (Percocets) and Varela gave Noceda a “dab” of liquid THC, which caused her to collapse and pass out. He then forced sex on Varela’s immobile body. Afterward, Varela texted pictures of the “semi-nude, unconscious” victim to his friends and wrote:

“LOL I think she od’d, still breathing. I’m smashing [having sex with] her to pass the time.”

Following the rape, Varela reportedly considered taking Noceda to a hospital but told his pals he was “too tired to do so.”

The next morning, when Varela was definitely no longer breathing, Varela broke the dead girl’s legs to fit her in a black plastic bin, and asked his roommate to help dispose of her. The roommate told Varela to call the cops. Instead, the accused rapist and killer left to work a double shift at Dairy Queen.

Coworkers told police that Varela bragged about what happened and joked about having to “bury a body.” He also was said to have proudly told friend Jayson Pepito: “She died having sex with me.”

After Noceda’s mother reported the teen missing, Varela used the deceased girl’s thumb to unlock her iPhone so he could post Snapchat messages that made it look like she ran away. He then tossed the phone into the woods behind the Dairy Queen.

Police arrested Varela at his mobile home on the morning of February 6. Officers found Noceda’s remains there, still in the bin. He has been charged with manslaughter, homicide by controlled substance, and second-degree rape.

Alyssa Mae Noceda / GoFundMe page [publicity image]

Alyssa Mae Noceda / GoFundMe page [publicity image]

Alyssa Mae Noceda / GoFundMe page [publicity image]

Varela wore a jail uniform into court on Wednesday morning. According to The Herald, “He appeared to be smirking.”

Deputy Prosecutor Bob Hendrix called for Varela to be held behind bars due to the crime’s “callous and shocking disregard for human life.” Judge Tami Bui set bail at $500,000.

Shari Ireton, Communications Director of the Snohomish County Sheriff’s Department, said that the crime speaks to the opioid epidemic engulfing Washington, where fatal overdoses outnumber car crash deaths by 60 percent.

Despite local law enforcement constantly having to deal with ODs, Ireton said the case delves into new territory, stating, "An opioid overdose as a crime, in relation to a homicide — this is new for our county."

Frighteningly, it seems as though such cases are likely to be on the upswing.

Alyssa's family, in the meantime, has set up a GoFundMe page to help cover her funeral expenses.