INVESTIGATION DISCOVERY THANKSGIVING SWEEPTSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
OFFERED ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ("CONTINENTAL U.S."). VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Investigation Discovery Thanksgiving Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") is open to legal residents of the 50 United States who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of Discovery Communications, LLC ("Sponsor"), its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, TV production partners, advertising agencies, promotional suppliers (collectively, "Sweepstakes Entities") and the immediate family members (spouses and parents, children and siblings and their spouses, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such individuals are not eligible. All applicable federal, state, and local rules apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
2. TO ENTER: The Sweepstakes is scheduled from November 27, 2013 through December 1, 2013 (the "Sweepstakes Entry Period")
To enter the Sweepstakes, entrants should watch Investigation Discovery on each entry day during 8 PM ET to 2 AM ET. During the above referenced time, a sweepstakes promo code will air. Entrants will be required to visit www.investigationdiscovery.com/giveaway and access the Sweepstakes entry page. Complete the online entry form with the required contact information and that day's sweepstakes promo code and submit so that it is received by Sponsor's server by 7:59 PM ET on the following day. Limit one entry per person/email address per day. Entries featuring an incorrect promo code will still be accepted. All entries received outside of the Sweepstakes Entry Period will not be accepted.
Note that by entering this Sweepstakes, you are agreeing to receive special updates regarding Investigation Discovery programming, events and promotions and to be bound by these Official Rules and the final decision of the Sponsor. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry at any time in the event it is determined that the entrant has not complied with these Official Rules.
3. RANDOM DRAWINGS - PRIZES - ODDS OF WINNING: On or about December 2, 2013, Sponsor will conduct a random drawing from among all eligible entries received to award five (5) grand prizes.
One (1) Grand Prize: A $1000 online shopping gift card. Approximate retail value $1000.
Potential winners will be notified by email, phone, postal mail and/or express mail at Sponsor's sole discretion. Inability to contact a potential winner or the return of any prize notification as undeliverable will result in the prize being forfeited, and an alternate winner will be selected at random from the remaining eligible entries. Return of any prize notification or prize as undeliverable may result in forfeiture of the prize, in Sponsor's sole discretion.
Potential Grand Prize winners will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, liability and (where legal) publicity release which must be returned within time period specified in the notification letter or, at Sponsor's sole discretion, a potential winner may be disqualified and if so, an alternate potential winner will be selected.
No prize transfer or cash redemption permitted. No prize substitution, in whole or in part, except by Sponsor due to prize unavailability, safety or security considerations, or any other reason as solely determined by Sponsor, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value will be awarded.
Odds of winning will be determined by the number of eligible entries received for each entry period.
4. GENERAL: Taxes on prizes and all expenses related to acceptance and use of prizes are the sole responsibility of the winners. By participating entrants agree to these rules and decisions of Sponsor and Promotion Administrator, which shall be final in all respects relating to this Sweepstakes; to release, discharge and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from their participation in the Sweepstakes or their acceptance, use or misuse of prize including, without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage; and if a winner, to permit Sweepstakes Entities to use his/her name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, voice likeness and city and state address for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in all media, including but not limited to on air and within www.investigationdiscovery.com, in perpetuity, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) and agree to execute specific consent to such use upon request. Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, agents and representatives, Promotion Administrator, and the officers, directors and employees of each are not responsible for and shall not be liable for any telecast, cable or telephone malfunctions, human error, satellite transmission failures, or delayed telecasts or preemption of or the failure of a cable affiliate to televise Discovery Channel or any affiliated Sponsor network in all or any parts of the United States; electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, including without limitation, server malfunction or by any human error which may occur in the processing of entries; failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions; late, lost, misdirected or incomplete entries or postage-due mail; or any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor that may cause the promotion to be disrupted or corrupted. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion thereof should virus, bugs or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the promotion, in which case prizes will be awarded via a random drawing from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation. Internet entry must be made by the entrant only at the authorized web site address of www.investigationdiscovery.com/giveaway. Entries may not be made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other Internet website or e-mail address, including but not limited to commercial Sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites. Any winner who enters by any of the methods described above will be disqualified and an alternate winner selected. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry at any time in the event it is determined that the entrant has not complied with these Official Rules. This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the State of Maryland, with jurisdiction and venue in Montgomery County, Maryland, and all claims must be resolved in the courts of Montgomery County, Maryland.
6. WINNER LIST: To receive a list of winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by December 31, 2013, to: The Investigation Discovery Thanksgiving Sweepstakes, One Discovery Place, Silver Spring, MD 20910
Sponsor: Discovery Communications, LLC, One Discovery Place, Silver Spring, MD 20910.
(C)2013 Discovery Communications, LLC. All rights reserved.
Any third party trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective trademark owners. The use or mention of such third party trademarks in these Official Rules or in the Sweepstakes is solely for descriptive purposes and shall in no way imply an endorsement or sponsorship of the Sweepstakes.